My Blog List

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Impromptu games of Improv and Duck Duck Goose


After playing outdoors, I told Seneca a new fairy tale.  I told her the fairy tale of the The Poor Miller's Boy and The Cat.  Seneca then made up her own fairy tale about a magical horse and a castle.  She used shells as props for jewels.  The story didn't always "make sense," but I didn't tell her that.  I just loved my chance to be in another magical world.  I have to appreciate her eye for detail in her story.  When talking about a carriage, she was sure to include "the man who opens the door and the man who stands behind the carriage."
    She has been watching her brother draw in his sketchbook, so she wants one too. Only, her way of expressing it is, "I want a checkbook."
  Today, Liam learned about St. Francis of Assisi.  He also reviewed his math skills.  He continued to work independently on sketching.
    Yasmeen has been hard at work writing an essay on the Cuban Missile Crisis. She is a BIG fan of the Kennedys.  She has a gift for working well with words and transforming her knowledge into descriptive and well-flowing words on paper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment