My Blog List

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Seneca's Saturday 5/11/2012

Water-slide bouncy house fun today! Seneca went to a birthday party today. Afterwards, we read together from her Starfall phonics series. She is doing well with memorization skills, but she still struggles with remembering words when she sees them in new places. For example, she can read the word "can" if she had memorized a story. She doesn't always recognize the word "can" when she sees it another book. So, of course, she is not really reading, but keep in mind that memorizing and recalling little books verbatim is still a very important pre-reading skill.
She painted her birdhouse some more this evening. We both painted suncatchers together. Seneca put together her Fox in Socks puzze, which she hadn't done in a while. She always amazes me with how well she does. I give a little guidance, but really very little.
Tonight, I put on our VHS of The Aristocats. I still want limited screen time, but she did have a very busy and fun day without using any electronic devices. Oh wait, I did let one online Dora game slip in though. I need study time, so I concluded that The Aristocats (and yummy almond chocolate milk) would keep her occupied; and we all need a little Disney classic in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment